Ah, bucket lists. There are certain places that simply call out your name. An early childhood trip to the zoo might have left you harbouring a burning desire to play with penguins in Patagonia. Perhaps stars are more your thing, in which case the astonishing radiance of the dancing beams, which make up the Northern Lights may speak to you more. Natural or manmade, mountain, cityscape or seaside, there are new places to be discovered for every single day of your life – and what a beautiful predicament that is. I have been fortunate enough to tick so many places off my bucket list, but my work is not done, nor will it ever be. While I have had my share of pinch myself moments – swimming inside a volcano crater in Costa Rica? Check. Dancing at Rio carnival? Sim!. Here are 20 more bucket list places to visit that are currently taking space in my dreams, which I long to make reality, and that might just inspire your very next adventure.
1. Experience the world’s largest mirror at Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia
2. Sleep in an over-water bungalow in the Maldives
3. Admire the Spring cherry blossoms in Japan
4. Tango on a Buenos Aires street
5. Say ‘Bula’ to an actual Fijian in Fiji
6. Walk The Great Wall of China
7. See the Northern Lights
8. Marvel at the Egyptian Pyramids
9. Hang loose high up in the sky
10. Get up close and personal with the wonderful wild on an African safari
11. Climb the Haiku ‘stairway to heaven’ stairs in Hawaii
12. Try some scorching red hot peppers in Mexico
13. Follow the Inca trail to Machu Picchu, Peru
14. Catch a star at Vaadhoo Island’s Sea of Stars in the Maldives
15. Hop on a hot air balloon at the Ancient Region of Anatolia in Cappadocia, Turkey
16. Hide away at Hidden Beach in the Marietas Islands near Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
17. Pinch myself at Lencois Maranhenses National Park, Brazil
18. Ride The Wave in Arizona, United States
19. Hang out at Trolltunga in Hordaland, Norway
20. Paint the colours at Zhangye Danxia Landform, China
Club Elsewhere brings you compelling stories for and by the world. Contribute an article of your own by sending a message to the editor.
Rosie Bell is an international travel writer, author of the book “Escape To Self”, and Content Editor for Club Elsewhere. Follow her on Instagram @TheBeachBell.